Ways to Get Children to Brush More Often
The following are some ways that may aid in getting children to brush more often:
- By having multiple flavors of toothpaste, one can allow the child to pick the flavor of the day.
- Allow them to watch you floss and brush, even letting them occasionally help to brush your teeth.
- Acknowledge to them that they are doing a wonderful job on their teeth by letting them know how fresh their breath is and how shiny their teeth look.
- At breakfast time, place their toothbrush near their eating utensils to remind them to brush after the meal.
- Before bedtime, place their toothbrush on their pillow to again remind them to brush before bedtime.
Lastly, take the child to the dentist twice a year to examine and encourage good dental health.
There may be other methods that you feel work. The importance lies in making the child understand that flossing and brushing is very important and that it is not a chore, but something that can be quite enjoyable.