Dental Health Quiz
Take The Floss.Com Oral Health Quiz and Test Your Knowledge About Oral Health:
1. What is Gingivitis?
a. poor support of the bone that support the teeth?
b. a condition where the teeth stain
c. an inflammation of the gums
2. What is Periodontitis?
a. a specialty of dentistry that deals with children
b. a condition that afflicts only the elderly
c. inflammation of the supporting structures of the tooth or teeth including
the gum, the periodontal ligament and the jawbone
3. Smoking or using tobacco products accelerates the chance for tooth loss.
4. Oral habits such as cheek and lip biting increase the chance for oral cancer.
5. The best age to take a child to the dentist is by what age?
a. 5 years old
b. between 18-24 months
c. 6 years old
6. Bad breath is usually caused by:
a. foods like onions or garlic that are odor causing
b. lack of flossing
c. bacteria that are found on the tongue
7. When should one change their toothbrush?
a. after a dental cleaning
b. once every 2 to 3 months or after a flu or cold
c. every year
8. Fluoride is useful because it:
a. decreases the chance for cavities
b. helps brighten discolored teeth
c. rids bad breath
9. As one gets older, the chance for cavities decreases.
10. If one brushes three time a day instead of twice, flossing is not necessary.
1. c 2. c 3. a 4. a 5. b 6. c 7. b 8. a 9. b 10. b